5 science headlines from this week that you have to read
Josh Taylor / June 16, 2019
- Spend two hours in nature every week for optimal health and well-being. In a study of 20,000 Brits, those who spent 120 minutes a week in nature are much more likely to report physical and psychological health. That doesn’t include parks, so go take a hike.
- Scientists have finally found the key flaw in solar panel tech. Increasing solar panel tech has been limited by a major flaw in the technology. A new study reveals what causes the loss of efficiency in solar panels.
- Central Asian peoples were using psychoactive cannabis 2,500 years ago. The cannabis was found in funeral sites, indicating that its use was religious in nature.
- Eating standing up reduces food enjoyment. So if you want to lose weight, eat while standing up. If you want to chill out enjoy a good meal, have a nice seat.
- There are morning people, night people, and now there are afternoon people. There are two types of afternoon people, those who are most alert between 11am-5pm and those who get sleepy twice throughout the day.