Do you suffer from SMES: Social Media Entitlement Syndrome?Posted by staff / June 25, 2010
SMES is global! To see if you suffer from Social Media Entitlement Syndrome, take a look at a few of the symptoms:
- Feeling and behaving as if one should be granted certain privileges (event access, free products, job offers) because he/she is well-known in social media.
- Expecting all-access to an individual’s private life because he/she occasionally posts personal items in social networks.
- Acting like it’s acceptable and normal to piss (bombard w/comments, tweets, DMs) on someone’s social stream.
- Demanding that people retweet your content, and resenting them if they don’t.
- Assuming that because you correspond with someone via social media, you should be invited to every social gathering that person plans or is involved with.
Don’t worry, while SMES is contagious, there is a simple cure: Knock it off!
Full story at Lalawag.
Complete coverage of Social Media news